Intro to Outdoor Bouldering
Min Age 14+
Cost: 1person £80, 2=£50pp, 3=£40pp, 4=£35pp.
Ready to take your bouldering outdoors? Let us show you some of the Lake Districts classic bouldering.
• Lesson content: Access & approach, use of guidebooks, outdoor boulder grading, how to warm-up effectively outdoors, use of boulder mats, spotting, bouldering hazards & ways to avoid them, plus climbing & coaching!
• Prerequisites: Customers should be able to use indoor bouldering facilities safely. Outdoor bouldering poses increased risks compared to indoor bouldering & because of the limited ways in which to mitigate them you may wish you to attend an indoor bouldering session with us first if you are not an experienced indoor boulderer.
• Gear provided: Guidebook & boulder mats.
• Personal gear required: The following should be carried by each participant: walking footwear, insulation, waterproofs, food & drink, hat & gloves, sun-cream, extra water, chalk & climbing shoes (climbing shoes can be hired from us).
• Ages: 14+ (all children must be accompanied by one adult who can assist the session).
• Discount: Upon completing the course you will receive vouchers for 15% off Boulder Mats ordered through Ambleside Wall’s gear store.