Learn to Lead
Min Age 14+
Are you safely bottom-roping at indoor climbing facilities? Maybe it’s time to try leading…
• Lesson content: Lead belaying, clipping, taking & holding lead falls & how to deal with, or avoid, the hazards associated with leading. This session will progress at your speed from ground-based teaching on to practise climbs using a bottom-rope for safety. Depending on how you’re feeling your instructor may choose to let you try your first live lead at the end… either way… the key skills required to lead safely will be covered.
• Pre-requisites: Competent in all aspects of bottom-rope safety.
• Personal gear required: As a competent bottom-roper it is expected that you will have your own harness, belay device & shoes to use on this session, but gear can be hired. Lead ropes are provided.
• Session time: 2 hours.
• Participants: 2 required, 14+ (all children must be accompanied by one adult who can assist the session).
• Discount: Upon completing the course you may have 15% off Ropes & Quickdraws in our gear store.
• Cost: £120 for 1 or 2 people.
• Duration: 2 hours