Scafell Pike is England’s Highest Mountain, standing at an impressive 977m/3205 feet tall. It is a beckoning symbol that at some point in your life must be climbed, with all paths to the top crossing remote, rugged and wild terrain. Adventure Peaks Lake District Guided Walk of Scafell Pike is a sure fire classic.
We begin this guided walk in the idyllic hamlet of Seathwaite. From there we follow the trail beyond Stockley Bridge rising up towards Sty Head Tarn before taking in the impressive corridor route up to the summit of Scafell Pike. Our decent takes us along the broad ridge over Ill Crag and Broad Crag before dropping down back to Stockley Bridge and our final end point back at Seathwaite.
Guided Walk Overview
- Height: 977m / 3,205ft
- Distance: 13.6km /8.45 miles
- Time: 7 to 8 hours
- Grade: Hard
- Walking Boots
- Waterproof Jacket and trousers
- Warm tops
- Spare clothing
- Hat & Gloves
- Suitable clothing for walking (no jeans)
- Packed lunch
- Water bottle/Thermos Flask
- Torch and whistle
A 15% discount is available on all equipment and clothing from the Adventure Peaks store. This is valid from the time of booking to the date of the walk.
“The ascent of Scafell Pike is the toughest proposition the ‘collector’ of summits is called upon to attempt, and t is the one above all that, as a patriot, he cannot omit .”
“This is it: the mecca of all weary pilgrims in Lakeland: the place of many ceremonies and celebrations, of bonfires and birthday parties; the ultimate; the supreme; the one object above others; the highest ground in England; the top of Scafell Pike.”
Ill Crag, 930m – Broad Crag, 934m – Scafell Pike, 977m
Please note there are two Seathwaites in the Lake District, one in Borrowdale near Keswick and one in Broughton in Furness. Our Walk departs from Seathwaite in Borrowdale.
The group will meet at 9am at the turning circle at Seathwaite, postcode CA12 5XJ. There is roadside parking along the road leading to Seathwaite, and the turning circle is at the end of this road just in front of the farm. We recommend arriving early to get a space or you will be adding some road mileage to the route! Grid Ref: NY 235 123. Please note there is NO mobile signal at Seathwaite. You should have your rucksack packed ready to depart including a full packed lunch.
Please note that no transport is included as part of the walk. For those without their own transportation it may be possible to share transport with the guide or other members of the walk. In this case we do ask that a contribution is made to the fuel costs of the driver.
The day will finish between 4 – 5pm.
If you are not there within 20 minutes of the departure time (9am) the group will begin their walk.
You should have a good level of fitness and be comfortable walking for 5-6 hours per day with around 987m (3,240ft) of ascent.
Books & Maps
Ordnance Survey OL 5 covers The Southern area of the Lake District and OL7 covers the Northern area at a scale of 1:25,000. The BMC produce a Lake District map at a scale of 1:40,000, which are waterproof and tear resistant, specially designed for walkers and climbers.
Photography: Greenburn publishing
The Minimum Age for our walks is 8 years of age, but this depends on a child’s experience and ability. Under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult unless previously agreed with Adventure Peaks, and as we are AALA registered, written permission must be provided by a parent/guardian, for each participant under 18.
- Scafell Pike - 26/09/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 28/09/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 06/10/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 08/10/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 14/10/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 22/10/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 25/10/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 27/10/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 31/10/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 07/11/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 15/11/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 23/11/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 01/12/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 09/12/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 17/12/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Scafell Pike - 27/12/2020 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm